2015 Metro Cooking DC Show
Are you a foodie? Do you enjoy entertaining? Do you love to cook?
I recently attended a media preview event at RANGE, a gorgeous restaurant in Friendship Heights, owned and conceptualized by Executive Chef Bryan Voltaggio, where I learned more about this gastronomy expo over some ridiculously good food (featured above): squid ink pasta with uni and crab, deviled eggs, ash-coated cheeses and melt-in-your mouth caramels and chocolates.
Essentially, it is a two-day affair of pure culinary bliss that is broken out into several events - General Admission, Special Ticket and L'Academie de Cuisine Pop-Up Cooking School - peppered in with a BBQ Bash (new this year) and a Beer, Wine and Spirits Garden.
Here's a little taste of what you can you expect:
General Admission Events (Saturday 10 AM - 6 PM OR Sunday 10 AM - 5 PM)
- Cooking Demos from James Beard award winning chefs such as Tim Ma (Water & Wall, Gather +Feast, Chase the Submarine, and the upcoming Kyirisan), Claudio Pirollo (Et Voila!), Erik Bruner-Yang (Maketto, Toki Underground, and Honeycomb), Josu Zubikarai (SER), Caitlin Dysart (2941).
- Taste Talks (30 minute sessions) from culinary experts where you can further your education on coffee, burgers, gardening, Polish cuisine and much more.
- Exhibit Floor, which will highlight 300 food exhibitors ranging from travel (food & wine destinations), florists to publications.
- RAMW Grand Tasting Pavilion (Sunday ONLY - 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM). Enjoy delightful bites from local restaurants and businesses such as Dolci Gelati, PAUL Bakery, Olivia Macaron, Room 11, just to name a few.
- A 'Meet & Greet' with famed Chef(s) Michael Symon (Sunday - 11:00 AM) and Giada De Laurentiis (Saturday - 3:00 PM).
- Book signings with remarkable Chef(s) Bryan Voltaggio (Home: Recipes to Cook with Family and Friends, Sunday - 2:00 PM), Christina Tosi (Milk Bar Life, Saturday - 11:00 AM) and David Guas (Grill Nation, Saturday - 1:45 PM).
- Ninety-minute classes on Saturday or Sunday where you can sharpen your knife skills, learn how to make fondant or get ready for the holidays with seasonal hors d'oeuvres.